Please take a minute to answer this survey asking if you'd be willing to contribute $5 for a field trip to Walk About Acres we'd like to take. This survey is anonymous and just takes a quick click of a yes or no! Thanks in advance!
In writing this week we have continued working with nonfiction. Early in the week we explored different types of nonfiction and realized nonfiction text is everywhere! We looked at magazines, newspapers, online articles, recipes, nutrition labels, maps, books, instructions and how to books. Look for and talk about all the nonfiction writing you see at home! Later in the week we started making our own type of nonfictions books. It was wonderful to see the children plan out what they wanted to write and incorporate all the different features of nonfiction we have talked about in class. They included features such as a table of contents, glossary, labels, headings, and close-ups. We will continue working on creating different types of nonfiction next week!
TMP Chili Super
Don't forget we still need donations for our class auction basket.
- Mrs. Jackson's class basket theme is Superheroes
- Ms. Phipps' class basket theme is Movie Night
- Mrs. Russo's class basket theme is Italian
- Early Release on Wednesday, January 30th at 1:15
- All items for the class auction basket are due by Friday, February 1st.
- PTA Meeting February 4th at 6 p.m.